Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Recap - Part 1


After writing about my intentions for 2013, I decided i should also write a recap of 2012.  It was a pretty good year for me.  I got to travel a little bit and spend lots of time with my nieces and nephew.  I also started a new part-time job early in the year, and had a job change mid-year for my "day job."  

Since so much happened in 2012, I had two break up the recap into two parts.  So, here is the first half of my 2012!





January was an interesting month.  Early in the month I was offered a position with Lowe House Creative as an intern, with the plan to transition to a paid position after a few months.  I jumped on this opportunity, and have loved getting to work with Elizabeth over the last year.  My best friend Ashley and my godson came into town early in the month, and we celebrated her mom's birthday.  My Uncle Chris was really sick in January and passed away at the end of the month.  He was such an amazing human and a difficult loss for our family.  I miss him desperately.  What I really remember about January was being so happy to see the calendar switch over to 2012, since 2011 had been an especially rough year.



February was a fantastic month, overall!  Some things I did in February:  Planned an executed a phenomenal Celebration of Life for my Uncle Chris.  Watched my niece, C, be baptized.  Helped plan and execute an incredible surprise 30th birthday party for my best friend's husband.  Attended a benefit concert for Camp Jack Hazard, where two of my favorite alumni, Brett Dennen and Nathan Dennen, put on an incredible show!  Attended and took pictures at a spur-of-the-moment Leap Day wedding for family friends.



March was a pretty great month.  I got to travel to Huntington Beach to visit my best friend, and go to Disneyland with her and my godson!  I also saw Mason Jennings in Santa Cruz.  And I had a special St Patrick's day photo shoot with my niece, R.  Isn't she adorable?



April brought another trip to Huntington Beach, and I ran in my first 5k, which was also a mud run!  It was a blast, and totally exhausting!


May was a fun filled month!  A Mother's Day trip to our family cabin, a sun-filled weekend at the CrossFit NorCal Regional Competition cheering on Diablo CrossFit (followed by a wicked sunburn!), and our annual family Memorial Day Weekend trip with both my nieces, C and R!


June brought some fun adventures, and some great physical activities (my favorite)!  I ran/walked in a 5 mile run that also had a bunch of CrossFit workouts built in!  The picture on the right above is me right after.  It was quite a butt kicking!  I also found out in June that my good friend J was pregnant, and I went to her first ultrasound with her.  Fun fact, she's due to pop at any moment with a little boy!  In June, I also raised $300 for CrossFit for Hope, and participated in the workout.  Myself, my mom, my aunt, and a close family friend spent my mom's birthday, and the days surrounding it, on an amazing backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevada mountains. The trip's purpose was to memorialize my Uncle Scott, so we hiked to his favorite place on Earth.  It was a beautiful trip, and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything!



So, there you have it, the first half of 2012 in a nutshell!  Check back for the second half of the year, coming at you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment